Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Authors Spotlight Challenge Day 3

It is day three of the Authors Spotlight contest on writing.com. I have made six entries in the book "Snow in the Valley", which I use for that contest. That book is located in my port Prosperous Snow's Port.

I have not completed today's yet. So far this morning I completed three reviews for task two, which I copied and pasted into the book. I still have to do the conversation for task one, which is strictly dialogue.

These tasks are challenging and fun. The tasks push me to go beyond my limits. So far in this contests I have written a poem and a children's story in addition to doing interviews, reviewing and stating specific expectations for the contest.

Sometimes I feel a bit stressed because of the deadline. I must post each day's work by 9:00 PM Pacific Time, which is 12:00 AM Eastern Time. Working within a deadline is interesting and enjoyable. I do not have time to worry about anything but completing the writing to the best of my ability.

I have decided to expand on the children's story after the contest is over. Right now that story is close to a flash fiction piece. I want to make it a short story and possibility give it a different title. The present working title is "I'm Lost".

I also think I will expand the dialogue I write for today's Task One and make it a short story. The working title for this is "Twin Talk". I think I will make "Twin Talk" a science fiction story. There is no specific genre for it now, all though it does have the looks of a love story. However, since I do not write love stories I am going to make it science fiction story with a love story theme. The children's story started as a Fantasy and I am going to leave it in that genre.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9