Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday Morning Silence

In the early morning silence
prayers rises
through the sultry August air.

This is silence of my spirit
not my physical surroundings
because I can hear the hymn
of the central air unit
and the distant echoes
of sleepless city.

Sunday morning silence
surrounds my spirit
with the tranquility
only the Glory of God can bestow.

Prayers intoned
before dawn awakens
Sunday drivers,
who this one day of the week
ignore the price of gas
and the traffic on the express way
on their journey to church.

Prayers intoned
in the darkness of a new week
refresh my soul
and begin my week on
a joyous note.

In the Sunday morning silence
my soul looks forward
to a week
of prayer and work;
both necessary elements
in a successful relationship
with God and humanity.

NOTE: This is a rough drafts of Sunday Morning Silence. It is always good to begin the week praying and writing poetry. The rest of the week goes better and seems less stressful.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9