Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Reflections

Kamál (Perfection), 10 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Monday, May 26, 2008 about 4:13 PM PDT

I stayed home today and caught up on a few things around the house. I did not even get the car out of the garage today. When I was a child, my grandparents would drive all over Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri placing flowers on graves. Of course, that was when gas was between $0.50 and $0.75 a gallon. Now gas is between $3.89 and $4.10 a gallon. A person is lucky to be able to afford gas to go to work, much less driving across country.

Judging from the neighborhood sounds, most of my neighbors stayed home as well. I did not have to work today, so I did work at home. I even stayed up until 11:00 PM or 12 last night. Normally I go to bed between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM. I did not get as much complete as I would have liked, but I did get a lot done.

I have slacked off on my writing recently, but I got back into the swing of it last night and today. I review several pieces of writing on writing.com, now to get back to regular blog entries and completing some rewrites and new pieces. Ever since I started the job, I have been a little slack on writing. I think it has to do with setting up a routine. I need to get a routine going so that I can complete the writing I need to accomplish in a single day.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9