Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Focus and Writing

‘Idál (Justice), 12 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, May 28, 2008 about 7:16 PM PDT

In order to write, a writer needs to focus on the subject, the poem, or the story that he or she is working on. My focus has been off lately. I start to write on one subject and move midway through the post to another. This type of writing called free writing and it does have it place. Free writing is best used when brain storming a story or article, before the research begins. Free writing is good to find an approach, but it can be distracting to a reader when I use it in a blog entry.

I am not sure why my focus is off. Perhaps I am approaching my blog entries without considering both the subject and the theme. Perhaps I simply do not know what I want to say. Perhaps I need to be back on my thyroid meds. The problem could be one of those or something else, whatever the problem I am going to have to find a solution or a different approach to writing blog entries.

I tried different daily blog themes, but found that boring. Perhaps instead of having a blog theme for specific days of the week, I could use the themes without having a specific day for each theme. Just have seven, nineteen or thirty themes listed and pick randomly each day. I could also try saying a prayer for assistance before sitting down to write. I will try all of those ideas in the upcoming month and see what works best. I suspect a combination of the ideas is the best choice.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9