Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Muse Shivers from the cold

7 Qawl 164 B.E. - Thursday, November 29, 2007 about 11:52 PM PST

It's cold out. My muse can feel the icy fingers of old man winter forming ice cycles with each breath she takes. It's not even the first day of winter yet, it's still autumn and I've already turned on the heat. However, my muse isn't happy with the temperature in the house, I keep the thermostat at the recommended degrees (69) most of the time.

My muse thinks I should keep the temperature closer to 75 degrees. That would be wonderful, except for the price of heating the house. The power bill is high enough now, without making it any higher. Normally I turn the temperature down at night, but I didn't last night. I think the meter reading is tomorrow, November 30, that means the next bill will come out before I can get pay part of the bill on December 4.

My muse has to learn to live with the temperature the way it is. I'm not sure how much of the back bill we can catch up on before 2008. I sound like I'm complaining, perhaps I am. Since my muse is freezing, I'm going to be writing a lot of cold weather poems or desire for summer poems. This might be a good time to research the myths about winter and use them in my writing.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9