Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What do you do with a turkey too large for your microwave?

6 Qawl 164 B.E. - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 about 1:13 PM PST

When you cook a turkey in a microwave you're suppose to consult the manual that comes with the oven. You do this before you buy the turkey to make sure you get the proper sized bird for your microwave. Since I haven't bought a Turkey for either Thanksgiving or Christmas in five or six years consulting manual doesn't help me. The turkey's I've cooked were given to me, so I had no choice about the turkey's size.

Having a bird too big for the oven brings up an entirely new set of problems. The first problem is how do you cook it? The answer to this is simple, you either borrow someone else's oven or you cut the bird up before cooking it. I opt for cutting the bird up before cooking it myself.

This method takes some thought because I have to consider the sharpness of the utensils I'm using. Next I have to make sure the bird is thawed out. After that I remove the packages inserted into the turkey. Now comes the difficult part, where do you start cutting the bird up. I remove the wings first and then the leg quarters. After I've did this, the rest is easy.

I've has so much experience preparing a too large Turkey to cook in a microwave that I'm considering writing step by step instructions.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9