Saturday, May 21, 2016

Success Saturday: May 15-21, 2016

It's been a successful week. I finished another short story and I come up with an idea for two more. One of the stories is about a jackalope, a mythological creature of the American west. A jackalope is a cross between a jackrabbit and an antelope. It looks like a rabbit with horns. 

I'm thinking of having my main character be a cryptozoologist. Cryptozoology is considered a pseudoscience, but I think I'll have my story set on an alternate Earth where cryptozoology is considered a part of the scientific community. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the other story idea. 

I have two or three  paragraphs describing a woman sitting in a carriage on a mountain pass. Outside her carriage an early snowstorm is blowing which is slowly turning into a blizzard. I have to figure out how to either get her carriage out of the pass or out of the carriage and into the safety of a cave. Right now her name is Olevia; however, I'm considering changing it to something a little more exciting. Olevia is a a nice name for a character in a romantic fantasy, which I'm not writing. 

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9