Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Website Wednesday: My favorite grammar blog

This morning I logged into writing.com to check my inbox and respond to a couple of blog prompts, I found that one of the prompts ask about my favorite non-writing.com blog. I had to think about this for a while because I have two favorite blogs that fit this criteria. After giving the prompt several minutes of thought, I decided I had two favorite blogs. One of the blogs focuses on spiritual concepts while the other focuses on grammar. 

The Anarchist's Guide to Grammarr is the one I will focus on today.  I like this blog because the posts keep my attention. No matter how many words an entry contains I can focus on reading without getting bored. The latest entry is dated Friday, March 11, 2016 and titled American-English – The Official Guide. The theme of this entry is spelling, it seems someone broke into the blog entries and screwed up the spelling.  

I got hooked on this blog several years ago when I did an online search for mullygrub, a word my Grandfather used. The date of this entry is Monday, September 24, 2012. I looked up the word because my mother had begun using it, so I wanted to find out what it meant. I like this word. It is a good word and not just because my Grandfather used it. It is a word I can use in a poem or a story, true when I edit the story I might replace it with another, but it will remain until someone else proofreads the story. Then suggest a word that I might like better. 

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9