Thursday, July 09, 2015

Thursday Thoughts on My Journal Jar

I have a journal jar. It is a mason jar with a decorated lid and a decorated lid and multicolored slips of paper inside. I purchase the journal jar several years ago at a yard sale. I am not sure what year I purchased the jar, but I do know it was before 2007. That jar has been with me through two moves. I had forgotten about it until I noticed it sitting on the bottom shelf of the television stand.

According to the instructions on the jar, and I am paraphrasing the poem giving the instructions, the jar contains stories waiting to be written. I don't know how many slips of paper are in the jar; however, many it contains I am going to write a story to go along with them. I will either write a group of short stories or a novel, I have not decided which. I know the name will be Stories from the Journal Jar or Stories from my Journal Jar. I will write the stories using the first person voice because that seems the most appropriate.

The questions I need to answer before I start this project are:

1. Do I want to include poems in the stories?
2. Who will be the protagonist or protagonists?
3. Who will be the antagonist or antagonists?
4. How will the stories be connected?
5. What genre will I use?

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9