Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday Word: Breakfast

Nectarines or plums
both are good fruits for breakfast
along with coffee.

A good breakfast is essential. What is a good breakfast? I know when I was growing up a good breakfast was cereal with milk, eggs, bacon, potatoes (either hash browns or fried), hotcakes or toast with jelly. As I have matured in age and wisdom my definition of a good breakfast change. Sometimes a good breakfast is hotcakes with jelly or honey. Sometimes it is a turkey or chicken sausage with an egg and maybe a slice of toast. Yesterday I had a plum for breakfast. Today I ate two nectarines. Tomorrow I might eat a bow of cereal with almond milk or hotcakes.

Always eat breakfast
it gives the day a good start
gives you energy.

I never know from one day to the next what I will fix myself for breakfast. I never know how hungry I will be when I wake up. Sometime I am starving, especially when I do not eat something before I go to bed. Other times I am not hungry or cannot find any thing in the house I want to eat. There are time when I have soup or some other non-breakfast type food because that is what I am hungry for. For the past few days all I have wanted for breakfast is fruit without cereal or milk of any kind. Whatever type of food I have, I always have a cup of coffee with the breakfast.

Coffee with breakfast
a family tradition
dating back several generation.
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9