Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday Word: Values

The writing.com weekly newsletters hit my in-box last night. The title of the spiritual newsletter is "What Are Your Values?" At this point in human history, this is a question every individual needs to ask and answer. The editor of this week's newsletter made it clear that goals and values are different. A goal is something you set out to accomplish while a value is an intrinsic belief that goals are built upon.

I think values are spiritual beliefs that are a part of the human soul. I also think values are something that changes as one matures because I know the values I have today are different from those I held as a child. I also know that my values are different from the values my parents and grandparents attempted to instill in me. My values are different, not because the values of my parents were wrong but, because I have matured and found that the world today is different from the world of my parents or grandparents.

One of the values I learned from my grandparents is prayer and faith. I have changed religions, but the underlying values of faith and prayer have remained. This is the way maturity and spiritual evolution works. As an individual matures she holds onto the values that help in her physical and spiritual survival in a changing world while letting go of those that are detrimental.



Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9