Sunday, May 03, 2015

Sunday Speculations: A Weird Encounter in the Supermarket on Saturday

I have a weird encounter in the supermarket on Saturday morning. I left my apartment between 9:00 and 9:30 am to go to the bank and deposit a check I had received on Friday. I went to the bank, deposited the check (I cannot use my cellphone to deposit checks), and then went to the supermarket, which is located a couple of blocks east of my bank. As I was walking through the aisle looking for croutons and other stuff, a woman stopped me. She ask me if I was on Medicaid, when I said yes she gave me her card, which was for home care and told me to call her with my Medicaid number so that she could see if I was eligible for home care services.

I am 68 years old with osteoarthritis in both knees. As a results of the osteoarthritis I sometimes walk like a zombie. This does not mean that I am incapable of walking short or long distances nor does it mean I am ready for home care. It means that I am much more careful and slower when I walk. I suspect the gal is running a can to get the Medicaid and/or Medicare numbers of the elderly. I am not going to call her and, even if I did need home care, I would not call the number without investigating her or her home care agency.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9