Saturday, May 09, 2015

Success Saturday: A successful writing week

It is the end of a successful writing week. I completed a 5,000 plus short story and a Mother's Day poem. I am rewarding myself today by doing on of my favorite things. I am eating lettuce unadorned. I plan on adding some chicken and salad dressing latter to make a chicken salad, but right now it is just the lettuce without salad dressing of anything else. I has been a long time since I ate lettuce this way. I love the natural sweetness of the lettuce and the way it crunches between my teeth.


Unadorned lettuce
Saturday afternoon snack
The crunch when I chew

I also put all the bottled water and ginger ale I purchased in the refrigerator. I put it in the top shelf so that it would be easy to reach without bending down. The next thing I have to do is the second shelf which is the one I use for canned fruit. I prefer my canned fruit to be cold when I open it especially in spring and summer because it makes good afternoon snack. Maybe I will try some of the fruit with the lettuce tomorrow.

Cold fruit on lettuce
A healthy alternative
On warm afternoons

I am learning to eat healthy snacks while I write. I used to reward my writing successes with candy or cookies, but that has changed. Now all I have to do is give up the sweat soda. I have changed from dark soda to light soda like ginger ale. I smell the chicken so I guess I better post this and see if it is ready to eat.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9