Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Open the Front Door

Are you having a problem with Writer's Block? I suggest opening your front door (if your door faces the street) to see what is going on outside. There is not much going on outside my door today. Once in a while a car drives the wrong way down the one-way street in front of my apartment. From where I sit, I can see the shadow of the palm tree planted to the left of my front door. I can hear the birds singing in the pine tree across the street. At least, I think that is the tree containing the sparrow's nest. I suppose the sparrow could be nesting in one of the palm trees across the street.


The neighborhood trees
palm, pine, olive, and oak grow
along Sunrise Avenue.

I just saw a car driving the right way (which is going east) along Sunrise. This is not a rare occurrence because I figure about seven cars out of ten drive in the right direction when they drive on my street. Since I have never counted the number of cars driving up or down this street, I am not sure how many go the right way. I very seldom drive either way along Sunrise because I park my car in the back of the building.

On this one-way street
cars drivers ignore traffic laws
and drive the wrong way.

I park in back of my apartment building because the parking places in front are across the street. It is easily for me to walk back and forth to my car then it is to step up and down on the curbs. The cubs are high, or at least they seem high when I use them. If I walk to the back then I do not have to step upon or down on a curb. Also by parking in back I can take the trash out when I go to the car so that I do not have to make a special trip on the days I have to leave my apartment.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9