Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Word: Romance

I have written two romance stories in the past two weeks. The first was a flash fiction of about 300 words. The second was still within the flash fiction range, but a little longer. The second story was approximately 625 words. Both stories were too short because there was several things in it that the reviewers did not understand. The next romance story I plan to write needs to be more then 625 but less then 1,500 words.

The first two stories were related. The second story was an extension of the first. I do not plan to make the third story related to the first two; however, I could change my mind when I sit down to write. I usually do not write romance stories, but I decided to attempt to get out of my comfort zone in 2015. Writing romances is a good way to do that.

I think I will make the next one about... well I am not sure what just yet. Perhaps I need to come up with some characters or check a prompt generator for a title, characters, or a plot. When I cannot think of an idea then a prompt generator helps get the creative juices flowing. Maybe I will set the romance on another planet or an earth colony. I can deal with romance in science fiction and fancy, but the romance stories set in the present do not appeal to me. In fact stories set in the present do not appeal to me.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

    I cannot wait to read it!

    7:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9