Monday, March 02, 2015

Monday Motivation: March is for Motivation

The wind blew all day trimming the palm trees. Dead palm fronds lay in the street and make some very weird sounds when cars run over them. The first time I heard a car drive over a dead palm frond it startled me because it sounded like a hallow cough, but now that I am used to the sound it does not bather me.

A palm trimming wind
blows through the streets of Las Vegas
shivering tourist.

The late winter wind of early March is cold. Today it feels as if it were blowing off an iceberg sending chills down my arms. I took the trash out before noon today. I had to throw away a dead mouse, so I thought I would go to the alley before it started raining again, so about 11:00 am I put on a sweater, a sweatshirt, and a hoodie. They kept me warm while I walked to the alley and back to my apartment.

The arctic express
blows down Sunrise Avenue
freezing exposed skin.

March is for motivation. It is a fickle and inconsistent month that some years comes in like a lion and other like a lamb. This year March changed its mind and came in like a Siberian tiger stalking its prey across the frozen tundra. That is how the wind chill factor makes me feel. I am thankful for the motivation that the fickle month of March brings into Las Vegas.

March motivation
early springtime's fickle winds
sometimes cold and sometimes warm.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9