Monday, August 18, 2014

Motivation Monday: Does a writer need more motivation on Monday then the rest of the week?

 Does a writer need more motivation on Monday then the rest of the week? Today, Monday, August 18, 2014, the answer is yes. I wake up unmotivated this morning, so a pushed the snooze button on my cellphone alarm several times. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed about 5:00 am and took levorthroxine tablet, which I usually take at 4:00 am.

After taking the thyroid med, I attempted to sit down at the computer and write or do some surveys. I did not get too far with either, so I made coffee and took a bath. After my bath I again attempted to write, but still found myself unmotivated. I washed the sharp knives and put them back into the knife drawer. I carried two small bags of trash to the alley and then checked my mail box because I did not check it Saturday or Sunday. In fact I did not get out of the house at all on Saturday or Sunday.

I finally found some writing motivation, so I posted a journal entry to my writing.com journal and another entry to Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon. I also posted a Facebook status update by informing everyone that today is Bad Poetry Day. I have not managed to write a bad poem yet, but I will do that later today and post it on my Facebook page.

I was so desperate to find writing motivation this morning that I checked my horoscope. My horoscope told me to put my "ambition into action". I am supposed to be "feeling energetic and positive", my outlook is better now then it was when I got up. I feel positive, but not energetic. Maybe the energetic part will come as the day progresses and I force myself to do what I planned to do today. I am still not as motivated as I would like, however, I am pushing through the lack of motivation and writing. I can always rewrite tomorrow or the next day.



Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9