Friday, February 21, 2014

Fragment Friday: Thoughts on writing poetry

Thought 1:

It's Friday,
I picked up my coffee cup
to take sip
and realized it was empty.

Thought 2:

As I walked back to the computer
carrying a hot cup of coffee,
it dawned on me
that I have several poems started
that aren't finished.

Thought 3:

 Hours kissing winter souvenirs
Hopes fingers
Snow downpour
...Where do I go from here?

Thought 4:

Summer rain reflects mountains
Twilight hidden catastrophes
...How do I finish this?

Thought 5:

Autumn singing changed houses
Solitary beauty
...Does this have haiku potential?

Thought 6:

Strange lilies insane music
Whispering superstitions
...Is this an exercise in procrastination?

Thought 7:

Roses dream invisible premonitions
The spoken word cannot convey the subtleties
Something is lost in the translation
The nuances of silence
...When did I begin this poem?


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9