Friday, November 15, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 15: Update and Friday Thoughts on Writing

NaNaNoWriMo Day 14 word count = 1678
Total Word Count  to Date  = 25,165
Percentage of 50,000 word goal = 50%

Friday Thoughts on Writing

I can stand up for only about five minutes at a time before my leg starts hurting and I have to sit down. This makes washing dishes difficult because it means I do not get all the dishes washed. I have to figure a way to use this experience in my writing.

I realized this morning that one of the things I will miss about living in this house is the sound of a Harley-Davidson going past my house. The neighbor down the street has a Harley that he drives to work in the fall and winter. Every morning, I hear him going west on Bracken and I am going to miss the sound of his Harley when it passes my house. Perhaps I need to write an ode to a Harley-Davidson.

Another thing I am going to miss is the way this house feels when I am alone. Until this year, I never realized how lonely silence can be. All right, I am not talking about complete silence here because I can hear the refrigerator running (and I do not want anyone to tell me to go catch it). I can also hear the neighbors dog barking, which he does not do very often. I need to use this experience in one of my stories or poems.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9