Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday and Chocolate Easter Bunnies

I just realized today is Palm Sunday. My grandparents, with my siblings and myself in tow, always went to spiritual services on Palm Sunday. We would attend church and go to Sunday school, after which we would go home. I am attempting to remember if Grandma fixed anything special on Palm Sunday, but I cannot remember anything except Grandma's usual Sunday dinner. I know she always fixed something special on Easter Sunday; however, I think she just fixed her usual fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy on Palm Sunday.

Next week is Easter Sunday, so I have to purchase a chocolate Easter bunny this week. I do not celebrate Easter; however, every year on Easter Sunday I eat a chocolate bunny. When Mom was alive we both ate chocolate bunnies. Every year, Mom wanted a chocolate bunny on Easter Sunday. I would make coffee and then we would eat our bunnies  while we watched television. I am going to continue the chocolate bunny tradition for the rest of my life.



Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9