Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Midweek Reflections: Grief and downsizing

I am still mourning Mom's passing. She died on November 29, 2012, some would say I should have stopped mourning by now; this is not true because everyone mourns at his or her own pace. I miss Mom, which I suspect i s why I am having difficulty downsizing. The problem is that I would like to consult with Mom on some of the items and find out what she wanted done with them.

Since I cannot consult with Mom, I will have to do what I think is best. I guess I should have spoken to her about some of these thing before she died. I should have spoken to her about them before the Alzheimer's took her memory. I did not and there is not use shoulding on myself, so I will do what I think is best and get on with downsizing.
c
When I begin going through a cupboard or a closest and have to make a decision about an item, I freeze up. That does not help because it makes the process more difficult and slower. I think it also affects my writing, which is why I decided to compose this entry. I know that if I can get past the block that prevents me from writing about grief and downsizing then I will be able to continue downsizing.

I think I will start taking pictures of the stuff I am sorting. That may help me get past the downsizing block, I say downsizing block because I do not have writer's block in the normal sense of the phrase. I can still write poems and stories, I just seem to have difficulty writing about downsizing. Pictures may help and they will give me something to post with my blog entries.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9