Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Spring

beautiful blue sky
olive limbs wave in the breeze
no clouds hide the sun

It is a beautiful spring day in Las Vegas, yes, I know the first day of spring is scheduled for Wednesday, March 20, that does not change my opinion of today or the weather. A nightingale is singing, its sweet song echoing through the neighborhood. I think the bird is nesting in my next door neighbor's oak tree because it  sounds too close t o my house to be in  the olive tree across the street.

nightingales sing
the sun cast deep dark shadows
a pristine blue sky

Unfortunately, I am staying home today. I would like to go somewhere, but I have to save gas; therefore, I am remaining home. On such a beautiful day there is not use complaining, complaining only ruins the day. I cannot blame anyone except myself because I am forced to remain home when I would rather be in a park with a picnic lunch. Perhaps next week or maybe the April 1, I can go out to one of the parks and have a picnic.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9