Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday's Timed Writing Exercise: Scatter Thoughts

It is Tuesday, so I set the oven time for fifteen minutes. My thoughts are scattered and I cannot decide on a blog entry. I know I have a great deal of writing to accomplish. I also have to clip coupons so that I can go to the store on Wednesday.

I am home alone. The security screen is locked. I still cannot think of anything to write about. I will continue this blog entry until the oven timer goes off. That would be a good idea for a poem, The Oven Timer would make a good title. Oven timers are good for other things beside baking. I do not need the timer for cooking because I use a microwave. The only thing I use the timer for is writing.

It helps me to write when I use the timer. I am attempting to break some bad writing habits and if I time my writing then I have to continue without going  back and editing. I seem to want to edit my material while I am writing instead of waiting until I am finished. It takes longer to write a story if I go back and edit every few lines or paragraphs. Using an oven timer also helps me come up with story ideas.

I think I may have sit the timer for five minutes too long this time. The next time I do a timed blog entry I will sit the timer for ten minutes instead of fifteen. If the entry is longer I can always write longer. Perhaps add a poem to the entry.

An oven timer
My thoughts become less scattered
Using a timer.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9