Sunday, October 14, 2012

Haibun-Haiku: Looking for motivation

I took out the trash
I stood a while in the sun
Listened to birds

I lack motivation this morning. I tried doing the dishes, but that did not motivate me. I fixed breakfast and I took out the trash. While I was outside I stood in the sun and I listened to a bird sing. I noticed that the neighbors across the street are decorating their yard for Halloween. The have a pumpkin on the front porch that they light up at night and they have a mannequin hanging from the oak tree. I will have to watch and see if they add anything else to the yard decorations.

the sun is shining
casting shadows deep and dark
a breeze in the trees

It is a beautiful day in Las Vegas. I would like to go out in the sun again, but I have to keep an eye on Mom. I still have some trash and recyclables in the kitchen to take to the garage. I will take them out a little at a time, that way I get to stand in the sun and look around the neighborhood. When I am outside, I leave the door open so that I can hear Mom.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9