Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday's Quote of the Day - A free write exercise

 Performance is your job, regardless of your position. - Daniel Rose  Quotes and sayings

 The performance of a writer is in words written each day. The idea is to write even when interruptions occur. When necessary, deal with the interruptions and then get back to writing. Decide on the amount of words to write each day and then write. All you have to do is place your fingers on the keys and begin writing.

When a writer sits down to write there are always distractions and interruptions. Today the distraction I am encountering is a partly cloudy sky. White clouds cover most of the beautiful blue sky and when I look out my living room window I want to stare into the white clouds that are covering the blue sky. I cannot stare at the clouds too long because they are so bright and so white. The clouds are exquisite and the sky is beautiful.

It is a nice Saturday afternoon in Las Vegas. It is not too hot or too cold. There is a slight wind blowing through the trees. When I go outside I want to stand and look up at the sky. When I go out I want to stay out for a little while and feel the wind in my hair. When I go out I want to take a picnic basket full of food, spread a blanket on the ground, and have lunch. Then I want to write about my short break. It is a nice day to write.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9