Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Morning October 29, 2012

the bright morning star
peeks through the neighbor's oak tree
leaves changing color

The weather is cooler here in Las Vegas. The morning air is sometimes a bit chilly, so I wear a sweater when I go out to pick up the newspaper. For the past few weeks I have seen the morning star when I look into the sky. I always pause for a few minutes to look up at the dark predawn sky.

The sun rises later each morning. The days grow shorter as autumn moves toward winter. The morning chill deepens as the year moves toward November and December. It is late October and when I look up into the sky sometimes I see stars as well as planets. I am not sure what to call the stars, they sparkle and flicker because the starlight has to penetrate the atmosphere.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9