Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spaghetti instead of macaroni and Cheese

Today’s lesson is to make sure the box of spaghetti is not open before taking it out of the Tupperware container. I have a tall Tupperware container, which is missing a lid. The container will hold three unopened packages or boxes of spaghetti or macaroni. I set it on my kitchen counter with the packages I intend to use during the month.

This afternoon, I decided to make macaroni and cheese. However, someone (probably me) had opened the box of spaghetti and placed open side down in the container. I took the spaghetti box out first and naturally, its contents spilled all over the kitchen counter, so we are having spaghetti with sauce this afternoon instead of macaroni and cheese.

I do not remember opening the spaghetti and putting the open box in the container. Normally, when I open food, I fix it the same day. I did not check in the pantry to see if I have a can of spaghetti sauce, if I do not have the sauce then I will fix spaghetti and vegetables. I would prefer the sauce, but I work with what I have on hand and it is too late in the afternoon for me to go to the grocery store.

Spaghetti with sauce
Bring back childhood memories
Mama used to cook

I remember Mom making her own spaghetti sauce instead of opening a can. I wish I could find her recipe, I think I would like to attempt making the sauce myself. I check on the web for a recipe and next time I plan to have spaghetti, I will make the sauce myself.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9