Thursday, October 28, 2010

I need to rewrite yesterday’s blog entry

I just reread yesterday’s blog entry and found too many redundancies. I should rewrite it, so that there are fewer redundancies. I suspect that is one of my weaknesses, which is remedies by rewriting. I have to admit that I did not do a good job of describing my garage roof.

The shingles are simulated wood; the manufacturer created them to look like wood. Seeing them from a distance they resemble a shake shingle roof (I thinks that is what they were supposed to do). When Mom and I moved into the house, we had the roof replace. We had no choice it had to be replaced and every 4th of July I give thanks because I do not have to worry if the neighbors’ illegal fireworks land on my roof.

When I write a story or poem, I usually let the piece lay for an hour or so before submitting or posting. However, with blog entries I simply write and post. I check my spelling and syntax; after that, I post the entry. When I read the post on Wednesday, I did not notice the redundancy, but today it jumped out at me, like a cat pouncing on a toy mouse.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9