Sunday, October 24, 2010

How many words can I write in fifteen minutes?

October is ending. About seven days remain in the month. On November 1, NaNoWriMo begins. During November, I have set the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. I know this is possible because I have accomplished this goal before.

I had more time then and did not have to worry about breaking my writing time into small bit sized intervals. This year, I have to divide my writing time down into small increments. I think that fifteen minutes intervals are about right; however, I may have to cut those fifteen minutes into five-minute segments. The problem is interruptions I encounter frequent interruptions.

Most of the interruptions come in the morning, at least the have come in the morning lately. The interruptions occur when my mother has lost something and needs me to help find the items. My mother loses things frequently and sometimes gets very upset when she cannot find the item. When Mom gets upset she cries, I stop what I am doing and help her find whatever she is looking for.

I have to plan these interruptions into my writing. Sometimes I get only ten or fifteen minutes without an interruption of some type. In order to complete the novel during November, I have to write about 1,667 words a day. I do not know how many words I can write in fifteen minutes, so I am going to have to find out. The best time to do this during the day when the interruptions are most likely to occur.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9