Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Writing Form Poetry Shatters Writers’ Block

A few years ago, I discovered that writing form poetry shatters writers’ block. I have meditated, contemplated, and mulled over this concept for several years in an attempt to answer the question: “Why does writing form poetry shatter writers’ block?

I have concluded that, for me, it is the focus on form. When I write a form poem, I concentrate on the form and the words or metaphors that fit form. By focusing on one poetic attribute, in this case the form, I ignore the voice of my inner critic telling my: “You can’t think of anything to write.”

As a result, of focusing on the form the poem I write may not be good. At this point, whether the poem is good or bad is unimportant because I can always rewrite the poem. The import thing is that I have written a poem and broken writers’ block.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9