Monday, October 18, 2010

Vicarious Vacation Defined

I need a vacation; however, I am unable to get out of town at this time. Therefore, I am taking a vicarious vacation, which sounds like a good title for a short story or flash fiction. My vicarious vacation consists of reading travel blogs, looking at the pictures taken by other people, and imagining myself in those locations.

I am a writer with a good imagination, so a vicarious vacation is somewhat relaxing. I may not be as relaxing as a real vacation, by this, I mean a vacation in which I physically go to the mountains, the ocean, or a national park, but it helps me get away mentally and my muse enjoys the adventure.

I would like to take a real vacation, but because I am my mother’s caregiver a real, leave Las Vegas, vacation is difficult. I can take periodic stay-cations when I can find someone to stay with Mom. A stay-cation is difficult because it cost to have someone come in and stay with Mom. In addition, Mom gets angry if I leave her with someone else, so I have to be extremely careful about picking the times I get away from the house.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9