Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sometimes it’s difficult to write 200 words

A writer's life is not easy. Writing word after word becomes a test of endurance. Sometimes I am in the middle of a sentence and my mind goes blank. Sometimes I am in the middle of a paragraph and the doorbell, the telephone, or my mother interrupts me. Since my word count goal for each blog entry is 200 words, these interruptions make writing that many words difficult.

The landline I can ignore unless my mother answers and then I have to go into the breakfast room to talk to whoever is on the other end. The doorbell is a little more difficult to ignore and Mom will not answer the door unless she gets my permission (I suspect the "permission" issue has something to do with Alzheimer's disease, but that is different blog entry).

Mom enjoys sitting in the room with me while I work online or write. Mom is impossible to ignore because she is talking to me all the time I am working. I have to half-way listen to what Mom is saying and respond periodically because otherwise Mom thinks I do not want to talk to her. If I leave the computer and sit down by Mom to talk to her, she gets angry because she believes she is interrupting me. Fortunately, Mom repeats herself a lot so I usually pick up what she is talking about.

Sometimes it is difficult to write 200 words. Sometimes I can only write 100 or 50 words. Sometimes I have to write more then one blog entry to accomplish the 200-word goal.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9