Monday, September 27, 2010

Your Pupillary Distance should not be a secret

Recent economic conditions have affected both people and business. One of the effects of the economy concerns the way people save money when they buy necessities. Eyeglasses are a necessity and an expensive necessity; therefore, more people are going online to buy their glasses. Pupillary Distance (PD) is necessary to buy properly fitting eyeglasses.

Do you know your PD or Pupillary Distance? Do you know what the term means? PD is the center-to-center distance between your eyes pupils, which is measured in millimeters and 1 inch equals 25.4 millimeters. You have to ask your optometrist for your PD measurement. Most optometrists do not want to give you this measurement because they think you are going online to buy your glasses.

I am one of those people who believe that if something concerns my body, I should know it. My Pupillary Distance is important to the proper fitting of my eyeglasses and I should know what it is. The distance between the centers of my pupils concerns an important part of my body. PD is the difference between glasses that fit properly and glasses that are only eye decorations.

Until recently I did not realize the importance of this measurement. Now that I know how important Pupillary Distance is to my sight, I will ask the next time I go to an optometrist. Everyone should ask what his or her PD measurement because this measurement should not be a secret.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9