Saturday, September 25, 2010

Coffee and writing

Coffee and writing are inseparable. They go together like a dog and a leash, like a cat and its purr. Setting down at the computer with a hot cup of coffee beside me spurs on my muse. I write a paragraph or two, save the document, and then I take a sip of coffee, while I review the the words I have written. Coffee is a writer's best friend because it forces the writer to stop and take several breaks while writing.

I do not know if all writers have a favorite coffee cup or mug, I know I have a favorite. I have several favorites depending on what I am writing. If I am composing poetry, I sip coffee from a small white cup. If I am writing a blog or journal entry, I have a medium sized tan cup with two black lines around the top. If I am working on a chapter in a novel, I drink coffee from a large Christmas mug.

Most of the time, I drink ground coffee, but sometimes I grind coffee beans. The type of coffee I drink depends on my mood and how much difficulty I am having with the piece. If I am having problems with a piece then I grind the coffee and stand in the kitchen listening to it perk. This gives me a chance to clear my mind and contemplate the subject of my creativity.

Coffee and writing
Creativity's perfume
Love's rich aroma

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9