Monday, September 27, 2010

Sometimes I don’t feel like writing in the afternoon

This afternoon is one of those days when I do not feel like writing; however, I have to write. I have to write because I have a minimum daily word count goal. I have to write because I have to make a blog entry. I have to write because I cannot do housework while my mother is awake. That may seem like an odd reason to write, but when you know the circumstances, it is logical.

My mother has Alzheimer's disease and she believes that the housework is her duty. Mom believes that she is the only one in our house who is supposed to do housework. Mom gets angry if I do the housework when she is awake. Therefore, I have to wait until she takes a nap or goes to sleep. This afternoon Mom is not taking a nap, she is sitting on the couch planning the housework she will do tomorrow. I attempt to encourage her to do the household chores she plans, but lately no matter how much I encourage Mom just sets and plans. I am not happy about doing housework at night, but I do it when I can.

My grandmother did housework at night. Grandma did housework when she could not sleep. I would rather write then sleep or do housework myself, but I have not choice. Life is much more pleasant when Mom does not get angry over something. Even though I would rather do housework this afternoon, I will write. I will write until Mom goes in her bedroom and then I will get up and do housework.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9