Thursday, February 11, 2010

What does a single person do on Valentines’ Day?

Valentines' Day is Sunday, February 14. It is the day of love and lovers, the day couples give each other special gifts such as roses, chocolates, etc. For the past couple of weeks I have received spam in my e-mail boxes about the perfect Valentines' Day gift. As a results of these spams, I have determined that the perfect Valentines' Day gift is a beautiful greeting card containing chocolates, diamonds and roses.

This is very good if one is part of a couple and likes chocolate, diamonds, and roses. I am single; I am unattached and therefore not part of a couple. What do I do for Valentines' Day? The only person who might send me a beautiful Valentine card is myself. I am not going to send myself a card, flowers, a box of chocolates, or a diamond for Valentines' Day. I do have a chunk of bittersweet chocolate in the fridge, which I could eat on Valentines' Day. That does not answer my question.

I still want to know, what does a single person do on Valentines' Day? I could write bitter love poems, but 99% of the love poems I write are bitter. I guess I will stay home and see if the neighbors receive flowers on Valentines' Day.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9