Monday, February 08, 2010

More storms are on their way to Las Vegas

Rain appears to be the theme of the year. There are two more storms on their way to Las Vegas. We expect one to arrive Tuesday afternoon or evening. The second is predicted to arrive Friday or Saturday. This is only February and we've already had more rain then in all of 2009.

Rain and clouds make good theme for poems. I've written several rain poems over the past few weeks. Most of the rain poems were Haiku, so I think I will try using other poetry forms, since I'm using different poetry forms in February the rain will make a good subject.

The rain can get a bit tiresome, especially driving in it. I think I've written one poem about driving in the rain. It's about time I wrote another poem on that subject, especially since I probably going to drive in the rain to Henderson tomorrow afternoon. I have an appointment for an ultrasound of my left breast about 2:30 PM.

I can't change the appointment simply because I think it's going to rain. It may rain later in the evening rather then the afternoon. I'm not counting on if, of course, because in the past few weeks each time I've had important business to do, I end up driving in the rain; therefore, I may as well get used to driving in the rain.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9