Tuesday, February 02, 2010

February writing started good

I have decided the best way to approach my writing goals are to focus on the days I make the word count goals. February started good because I exceed the word count goal. I did not exceed by very many words, but I did exceed the goal.

It is difficult to make the goal exactly, therefore exceeding the goal is more common then making the exact word count. The goal I have set for 2010 is 2,000 words per day. I have difficulty making the goal every day in January; I am not sure why there was a problem.

I know in January that I did not start exceeding the daily word count goal until the month was half over. I think that was the main issue in January, so in February I have to push harder the first half to the month to exceed the goal that way I have the momentum built up and I can continue striving for that goal easier then building up the momentum half way through the month.

One issue I have, concerns writing 200 words at a time. Sometimes I can write 200 or more word in a document or blog entry without difficult. However, at other times it is difficult to write more the 50 or 100 words in a single entry. The problem could be the time of day, the subject of the blog entry, or a combination of the two. Whatever the problem, I am going to have to find out in February because in March or April I plan to reevaluate my goals again.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9