Sunday, June 14, 2009

Items from my childhood I want to write about

I want to write about numerous items I remember from my childhood that I want to write about and include in stories or poems. Some of the items were plants and other were pieces of furniture. I am not sure why I remember these items.

One of the plants, I remember, grew in the back of our house in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I think the plant was a Rose of Sharon, but I'm not precisely sure. I remember that every spring it had beautiful red or scarlet flowers and grew close to the house near the fuse box. I thought that flowering shrub or tree was the most beautiful plant in the world.

I also want to include the large round oak dining room table in a story. I remember the table set in the combination kitchen-dining room and that eight people could set comfortably around it. Growing up, I thought that all kitchens and dining rooms, except those in the TV shows, were combined. My grandparents had a combined kitchen-dining room as well. Actually, I do not remember knowing anyone who did not have a kitchen-dining room combination when I was a child.

Those are just two of the items I want to include in stories. The first step to including them is to write a detailed description of each. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of either item, so I am going to rely on my memory to write the description.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9