Saturday, May 02, 2009

The First Saturday in May

It's the first Saturday in May 2009. Mothers' Day is on May 10, which is next Sunday. I think my Mom and I are going to Chili's to have one of their deserts. Mothers' Day is a week away, so it's a bit early to decide for sure.

One of my brothers called yesterday to make sure he had the right address to send a Mothers' Day card. Mom likes to receive cards through the mail and then put the cards in a scrapbook. Mom also likes to receive flowers; however, she enjoys the cards more because she can look at the cards over and over again.

I remember growing up, we took Mom breakfast in bed one Mothers' Day. She enjoyed it at the time, but now that she is 88 she enjoys the cards more then anything else. Mom also like poetry. Perhaps I'll write a Mothers' Day poem. Right now, I'm just brainstorming Mothers' Day ideas. I'd like to do something more then simply go out to eat on Mothers' Day, so a poem would make the day memorable.

Mothers' Day
is your day

All right, probably not the best start in the world. Perhaps I just too tired right now to think of anything else. I know Mom wants a red dress, the problem is finding one mall enough to fit her. Every dress she has needs taking up because she hasn't gained the weight back she lost in the hospital in 2007. The last time she went to the doctor she weighted about 101 lbs. and she wants to gain more. So take her out to Chili's for their desert and make her some mashed potatoes with gravy here at home.

Those are my only ideas today. I'll pray about this when I go to bed tonight and see what I come up with in the morning.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9