Sunday, April 19, 2009

This present crisis

We are living in a world on the verge of change, on the verge of transformation. This present crisis is only the birth pangs of a new age; a new civilization that will embrace the entire planet. Humanity will come through the present difficulties and be united in the process. We are so close to the problem that we can't see beyond the present darkness.

I realized this several months ago, but I haven't written too much about it. Today I realized something else that I am much like the rest of humanity when it comes to looking at the present darkness without attempting to look beyond. I'm having difficulties in my life and I seem to be on a down escalator attempting to climb up. That's how my life seems lately, I'm moving but I'm not getting anywhere. (I think I may be mixing my metaphors here).

This morning before sunrise, I lay in my bed looking out the window at the darkness. As I watched, dawn came slowly almost invisible at first. However, as I stared into the darkness I realized that the darkness seemed to fade, almost like bleach being poured onto a smoke colored sheet.

As I watched the darkness fade, I realized that in my own life I can see a change in the difficulties confronting me. The situation in my life is slowly changing, but the change is so small that sometimes I can barely see it. Then I realized that is how the situation is with the rest of the world, the change, which is occurring is so small that humanity can barely see it.

(All right, I know this needs some work, but I'm posting it anyway. I'll revise it later. That's the beauty of rewriting, you can always rewrite a story, a poem, or an essay. The trick is to leave it alone for a few days and work on something else.)

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9