Sunday, April 26, 2009

Writing about That in Between Time in Las Vegas

It's that in between time in Las Vegas when it's too cold to have the cool air on and too hot to have the cold air. My central air unit is off right now. The hottest it's gotten in the house the past few weeks is 80 degrees. This morning it's somewhere between 70 and 75 degrees, nice and cool almost cold in the house. The good thing about the weather lately is that the power bill is under $200.00.

Right now I'm sitting at my computer looking out my living room window. The limbs of the stone pine tree in my front yard are swaying gently in a slight breeze. This is better then the past few days because the wind got up to 15 and 20 miles an hour a couple of times. In fact, there were a couple of time I thought the wind would blow the pine trees down. Fortunately, the only thing that happened were small branches in the driveway and yard.

The wind in the trees
shout at the birds shivering
in newly built nest.

I lay in bed a couple of nights ago listening to the oleanders brush against screen around the patio. I realized that I'm going to have to have those flowering weeds trimmed. It's bad enough that the oleanders are as big as trees. Weeds should not grow as big as trees. Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea for a story. Weeds (other then oleanders) growing as big as trees and destroying the forest. Gigantic weeds invading a big city and destroying the sky scrappers.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9