Monday, April 20, 2009

The Way to Tell a Good Day from a Bad Day

Sometimes it is difficult to determine if a day is going to be good or bad. I got up before dawn this morning and the sky was still dark velvet black. As the slipped above Sunrise Mountain, the sky transformed from silk ebony into a cloud gray blanket. I did not know then whether the sky was actually cloudy or clear.

I wrote two poems this morning about dawn, so I know it is going to be a good day. It does not matter what happens the rest of the day because I wrote two poems. Everyone needs to have hope when a day begins. We all look for omens to tell us how the day is going to progress.

I know today, Monday, April 20, 2009 will be a good day because of two things, which occurred this morning. First, I said my morning prayers before sunrise. Second, I wrote two poems. True the poems were short, but I completed them before dawn and one of them mentioned coffee.

Those are the things that this writer uses to determine if the day goes good or bad. Prayers cause the day to progress smoothly. Poems commemorate the passage of the day. Everyone needs to have hope renewed each day, so the individual must determine for him or herself how to find that hope to continue living for another day.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9