Sunday, April 19, 2009

Evening Approaches

Sunday afternoon and evening approach
the street outside my house is silent
only the cars of neighbors decorate the curbside.

I heard a nightingale this morning
singing his joyous song,
proclaiming a bright new day,
foretelling a prosperous week;
he didn't have a care in the world
he was happy with his nest,
happy with his mate,
happy in the tree he built his nest.

Evening approaches and I remember the nightingale singing,
I remember standing in the driveway smiling
at his joyful and carefree song;
I remember thinking that he made my day
happier with his song.

Evening approaches
and I wish that I could be as happy and carefree
as the nightingale I heard this morning.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9