Saturday, April 18, 2009

All Day in Doctors’ Offices

I spent all day Friday in doctors' offices
and learned
that I'm going to have to start taking
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with me
when I leave the house.

I ate breakfast,
but didn't eat anything else
until Mom and I arrived back home
after 2:00 PM.

My ulcer protested the empty stomach
and I started getting irritated at traffic lights
on the way home;
Las Vegas traffic is always irrigating,
so I can't use it as an indicator of my irradiation level,
but when I start getting irritated at traffic lights
I know I have a problem.

I spent all day in doctors' offices yesterday,
not because I had appointments,
but because my mother had them
so I wasn't alone in the offices;
still the waiting is tiring,
and apparently raises the blood pressure
because Mom's blood pressure was up slightly
after the first wait.

This is life
after the age of 60
the blood pressure rises
and ulcers act up
when one doesn't take precautions.

Let's face it
old age isn't for wimps.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9