Friday, March 13, 2009

Coffee Makes This Writer’s Day

There is nothing like composing a story, poem, or blog entry with a cup of hot coffee on the desk beside you. Actually, my little white cup containing my coffee is setting on a wooden stand setting beside my computer desk. I never place a cup of coffee or any other liquid on the same desk as my computer. This habit comes from working in a college computer lab in which cups containing liquids were not permitted by the computers.

My coffee habit is genetic and comes from both sides of my family. My father and grandfather drink coffee. My mother's father drank what he called "cowboy coffee", which he made in the morning and kept brewing all day.

I remember my father drinking coffee while I sit in his lap as he read the Sunday Morning comics to me. In fact, I pulled a hot cup off the table onto my father's and my lap. Dad and Mom took me to the hospital emergency room; after that Dad was very careful about drinking coffee while I sit on his lap. The incident did not stop me from wanting and acquiring the habit of drinking coffee later in life.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9