Thursday, March 05, 2009

Multitasking in Las Vegas Traffic

I'm fairly sure a person can't drive and write in a journal at the same time. True I've never tried it, but I suspect that it's dangerous at least. I've witnessed drivers attempting to multitask while driving in Las Vegas traffic and I'm convinced that most of what they were attempting to do while driving was distracting.

I've seen a lot of people talk on cell phones while driving. I'm sure this is distracting. I used to have a cell phone I carried in my purse, but it was in my purse and difficult to get to if it ring. Besides, that's why you have voice mail with a cell phone to pick the calls up you can't when you're doing something else.

A cell phone is like any other telephone, it's a connivance. Simply because a phone rings doesn't mean you have to answer it. That's why answering machines were invented. I seem to have gotten off track in this entry. I started out saying a person can't make a journal entry and drive at the same time. I think I should have qualified that with, you can't make an entry in a pen and paper journal or an on-line journal and drive.

A person can always compose their journal entry using a voice-activated tape recorder. Of course, the mere act of composing a journal entry is probably distracting and perhaps impossible. I would end up activating the recorder when I yelled out the window at another driver for not using turn signals when changing lanes.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9