Saturday, March 07, 2009

Time to Spring Forward

It's time to spring forward. Daylight savings time begins at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 8. It's about 9:28 PM on Saturday, March 7, in Las Vegas and about 12:28 AM on Sunday, March 8, in New York.

There is still time for me to set the clock forward and go to bed before daylight savings time actually begins. I may or may not go to bed before 2:00 AM. I'm not sleepy and even if I ways sleepy, I wouldn't go right to sleep if I went to bed. I never go right to sleep when I go to bed even if I'm sleepy when I lay down. That being the case, I may as well sit up and write about daylight savings time.

I'm trying to remember when daylight savings time first begin, but I can't remember the specific year. I don't remember anything about it as a child, but that doesn't mean anything. Children don't worry about time because they think they have an eternity ahead of them. In school there is always a bell or something to indicate when the next class starts. At home, there are parents or grandparents who keep track of when to get up, got to school, and at night go to bed.

For a teenager, time is a little more important because one is expected to be responsible enough to keep track of it. Teenages are expected to know when to get up, go to school, come home and go to bed. I don't remember worrying about time or daylight savings time as a teenager.

After a certain age, a person begins to realize that time is precious and something that shouldn't be wasted. One also realizes that time is something that can't be put in a bank despite the saying "Time is money". Longer daylight hours makes the day seem longer unless one is using those daylight hours wisely.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9