Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Belated Valentines’ Day

All right, yesterday was Valentine's Day and I did not celebrate the day with a blog entry. I only reason I have is that I am single and I do not have a man in my life. I have not one to send me flowers or a heart shaped box of chocolates. I have no one to buy me a diamond ring, all though if someone were going to give me a ring I would prefer an emerald, ruby or sapphire. I do not care for diamonds, I like gems with a bit more color to them.

I live in Las Vegas, the marriage capital of the world. Valentines' Day is the day many people dream of getting married. There are wedding chapels all along the Las Vegas Strip and many of them can arrange themed marriages. In fact, a person can have any type of themed wedding they want in Las Vegas.

Yesterday, I took Mom to get her meds at Walgreens. We go to the Walgreens on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Charleston. When we go there, I usually drive west on Oakey and turn right onto Las Vegas Blvd. This route takes us right past many of the wedding chapels in Las Vegas. We did see a couple of limos at one of the chapels yesterday, but that was all.

Of course, Mom and I did go to Walgreens in the afternoon, so perhaps all the weddings occurred in the morning. Still there were not too many people walking along the strip looking like they just got married. I suspect the economy may be having an affect on the wedding industry in Las Vegas. I know in 2008, we saw several people walking along that section of the Las Vegas Strip wearing wedding apparel, but this year none.

In addition, Walgreens did not have very many customers buy Valentines' items. The store had a lot of Valentines' themed merchandise, but there were more employees in the store then customers. I probably should go back in today today because the store will mark down the chocolate to half-priced. I am only interested in Chocolate and no other Valentines' item.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9