Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Windy February

It's anther windy February,
not as windy as last year,
but windy not the less.

We haven't lost any trees this year,
however,
it isn't Valentines day yet
and the wind didn't take the elm tree out
until after Valentines day 2008.

I'm not sure where this poem is going just yet. It may be complete, but it doesn't feel complete. I'll just let it rest for a few days and see if anything else comes to mind. Poems are like this, some of them just don't feel complete even when the look complete.

Maybe I need a rhyme scheme or something else about the elm tree. I'm not sure at this point. All I really know about this poem now, it that it doesn't feel complete. The idea came when I looked out my living room window. The limbs to the stone pine tree are blowing, which brought to mind the wind of February 2008 and the last time I saw the elm tree.

I'll give this poem a little more thought. Maybe I should describe the last time I saw the elm tree standing. We were lucky the elm fell toward the street when the wind took it out. It missed the garage completely and didn't take down any power lines.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9